God and Devil World Character

“What’s that?”  I gazed past Camille’s necklace and met her violet eyes. The nameless shade had been silent for an hour, but I didn’t mind. She had a lot to take in.  “My guard made it for me,” I said, shrugging as I tucked it into my black T-shirt.  She tilted her head, causing her long hair to cascade over her shoulder. “A guard? Like a security guard?” “Kind of.” I chuckled, thinking of Camille securing an outlet mall. She’d be too busy shopping to get anything done. “But you don’t have to worry about her,” I said. “She won’t be around tonight.” “Her?” I looked over, and my eyes flicked over her face—the nameless shade, the only girl I talked to outside the shelter, let alone after Abby’s death. I had to turn away.  “She was assigned to me years ago,” I said, hoping to distract the conversation away from Camille.  The girl shifted, pulling at the wet grass. “Does everyone have a guard?” I shook my head. “You’re a warrior unless you decide to denounce your title,” I said, leaning forward on my knees. “Then you’re a guard.” “So you’re a warrior?” she asked. I nodded, and her expression didn’t budge. “What exactly are you fighting?” “A war.”  Her shoulders rose, and I stood up, offering my hand. “Come on,” I said. “Let’s talk about something else.”
God and Devil World
 Instead of taking my hand, she frowned. “I thought you were going to teach me, not avoid the subject.” I ran my hand through my hair. “Not tonight.”  “Fine.” She grabbed my hand, and I pulled her up. “You don’t have to talk about your war, but you better teach me something,” she said, brushing the dirt off her pants. “I didn’t come out here for nothing.” I smirked. “Hanging out with me isn’t good enough?” “Not yet.” I laughed. “This should be good.” She stepped back. “Why do you say that?” “Because you have no clue what you got yourself into,” I said, mirroring her steps. “I have a lot to teach you, but you have to be ready.”  “I’m ready,” she said, digging her shoes into the park ground. She beamed. “Teach away, mentor.” “Teach?” My cheeks hurt when I smiled. “I’m not teaching you anything yet.” Her expression fell. “You’re not?” I shook my head and grabbed her arm. I winked. “I’m going to show you.” She screamed as her feet left the ground, and we shot into the sky. Her petite hands tightened on my jacket, and I twisted us into circles, shadows spiraling at our flying feet. The air spun around our bodies, winding our clothes with every moment and change in the atmosphere. I hadn’t flown in so long, and I had forgotten how alive I felt when I did.  “Shoman!” She wriggled against my grasp.
Sovereign of the three realms
 “Put me down. Let me go!” “If you say so,” I said, dropping her.  She plummeted, falling from my grasp and through the clouds. Guess she couldn’t fly. In an instant, I shot after her trail of shadows, grabbing her before she even neared the ground. Abruptly, she silenced, and her echoing scream pierced the air. As she hung in my grasp, her purple eyes blinked up at me.  “What the hell, Shoman?” She gasped as I pulled her up, steadying her against my chest. She dug her nails into me and glared. “I did not mean literally.”  “I know.” I fought back laughter as she continued to glare. “But I thought you’d be able to.” “Be able to what?” She hit my chest. “Fly? Are you crazy?”  I spread my free arm out and gestured to the world around us. “What do you call this?” Her purple eyes strained away, and her gaze flickered over the lit town below us. We could see for miles. The river flowed past the high school, the willow tree swayed in the wind, and the highway stretched on for eternity. There were so many places to go. But I couldn’t go anywhere. I had a battle to win.  My jaw locked, and I held onto her wrists, slowly pushing her away. She tensed. “What are you doing?”

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến